Rhondda Housing Association (RHA) implement the Neighbourhub Cloud social housing performance management solution to drive transformation, ensure sustainable service delivery and achieve 136% year one surplus growth.
About Rhondda Housing Association
Rhondda Housing Association (RHA, http://rhondda.org) provide high quality sustainable housing, support and regeneration solutions with the people and communities of Rhondda Cynon Taf, by encouraging innovation and valuing the contribution of staff and tenants. RHA manages some 1600 homes, with strong links and relationships that have developed and that they continue to foster within the communities that they serve.
RHA faced a number key business challenges, where improved social housing performance management information was required by Exec, Management and Operations to support decision making and mitigate the threats faced:
- Reduced Incomes: Welfare Reform & Universal Credit, Local Housing Allowance Cap
- Aging Assets: requiring significant & focused investment with limited resources
- Significant Void Loss & Repair Costs: Stock Turnover, Turnaround Times and Refurbishment Costs
- Vulnerable Tenants and a need to better focus resources
RHA’s ability to provide the essential information insight demanded by consumers was impeded by a series of technical challenges:
- No trusted source of performance information and mixed Data Quality
- Limited Technical resource, experience delivering analytics, no tools or hardware
- Vital performance information siloed in core systems (QL Housing, Finance, Spreadsheets)
- No uniformity of business terms & definitions (KPIs)
RHA implemented the Neighbourhub Cloud social housing performance management solution. A Software-as-a-Service, fully cloud hosted solution, providing a single version of performance truth that empowers RHA from the Boardroom down to frontline Operations, across Housing, Asset Management, Finance and Repairs teams, to collaborate in better decision making.
- Automated integration of vital performance information into one scalable Data Warehouse (QL Housing, Finance, Speadsheets etc)
- Information delivered as interactive dashboards, reports, ad-hoc analysis: anywhere, any device
- Scalable, supported, backed-up, auditable & traceable
- Rapid deployment with <120 days to full business roll-out
A suite of consultancy services from industry experienced practitioners supported RHA’s transformation and ensured users took full advantage of better social housing performance management information:
- Neighbourhood and business logic Definitions
- Neighbourhood Action Planning and targeting of resources (people & £)
- Annual Assessments and Options Appraisal
- Driving business, tenant and community Engagement and ensuring cultural change
In its first full year, the Neighbourhub Cloud social housing performance management solution supported RHA to drive impressive improvements in core housing performance across a number of key areas, in turn generating £500,000 in additional surpluses and a significant ROI.
The increase in Surplus generated, alongside the insight Neighbourhub Cloud enables, has empowered RHA to better focus surplus reinvestment aligned to tenant, asset improvement and development demands to maximum benefit.
The vital performance insight Neighbourhub Cloud supplies has supported RHA to tackle some of our biggest challenges, and those the sector faces, head on. In doing so we’ve increased surpluses 137% across our 1,650 properties. We’re in the best position to collaborate as a team and with stakeholders, to focus our investment where it will have the greatest impact on tenants’ lives and to track results with confidence.
Luke Takeuchi, Housing Services Director, Rhondda Housing Association
Case Study Download
Want to know more
Call us on +44 (0)870 760 6467 to discuss the right solution for you or make an enquiry